Sunday 19 July 2015

Aidilfitri 2016

Bismillah

12.55 am
Prague

Selamat hari raya, maaf zahir dan batin.

It was my first raya away from family. I find it hard. I'm so used to having my very big family. Of my annoying little bros and sisters, my ummi, abah and our expanding family both from abah and ummi's side. It's abah's turn this year. So they all went back/ 'balik kampung' to Kg. Parit Haji Wahab in Perak. 

It was rather peculiar to find myself on this festive day of all in another place, so unfamiliar and new. I'm currently in Prague. It was a last minute decision to celebrate my Raya with my friend at her aunt's. Atikah's aunt works at the Embassy. We are planning to go for a hike tomorrow at the Swiss Bohemian National park. It's honestly gonna be my first experience on hiking. I'm looking forward to this new adventure though.

I miss my family. I knew i kept saying this. I rang them many time, i can joke around and say i miss them and i want to be home. But of course I'll try to make it sound so jovial while my heart was aching. I knew my ummi would worry if i sound too melancholy. I knew she misses me. 

I'm glad i had last raya with my family and i baked them cookies/cakes. I bought groceries for our home. I picked my sisters up fr school. I cooked lunch and dinners for my family. Those are things i'm very glad i did. 

I truly am.

My ummi posted a baju kurung last month. She insisted that her anak dara should have a new pair of baju kurung for hari raya. No matter how persistent I am in convincing her that I'm fine with my baju kurung collection (that she kept adding every time i went back to UK), she just wont give up. So she did sent me one. 

I love it. I'm gonna wear more baju kurung next term and in the future (generally). It reminds me of you. I feel close to my ummi this way. Just take it as my love manifestation.

We are on the infamous Charles Bridge in the middle of Prague City.

I'm still having sunburns from my Germany & Copenhagen jaulah last time, and would probably be more sunburnt post hiking.   



No comments:

Post a Comment