Thursday 23 July 2015

Why i love to draw

22:55 , Terminal 10

Prague- London Stanted

I was waiting for the gate to open. There was a pair of old couple sitting beside me. They were talking to each other in a language I can't comprehend. The woman looked at me and smiled, gesturing the seat next to her. I nodded. Feeling rather grateful. 

' Thank you, I appreciate that.'

It has become a habit ( i wish and hope) for me to say it aloud that I appreciate it when a stranger do something kind to me. Saying thank you is a given, of course. I love to consciously look to his/her eyes and make him/her see that I value whatever it was that's been offered to me-no matter how small or big it was.

To be able to help someone, when you do not know them is an intentional effort. A noble act.

****

Usually, when I'm alone. I observe people and my surroundings. I'll jot down things in my notebook/journal. I love to engage in a conversation with the people I met along the way-especially, when traveling. When i was in the airport, I realised that i did not have any form of paper/ writing pads with me. That is completely fine with me most of the time. But not when I'm alone and had nothing to do. 

I could, perhaps, killed my time by sipping down a cup of Cappucino at Costa. Enjoying my own company is of my own solitude. I had a book with me. It was in fact, a gift from my dear friend. A soul sister.  'Reclaim Your Heart' by Yasmin Mogahed. It's my current read and i like to take it slow. A page at a time. I take time to ingest and internalise the books i read. I sometimes highlight the points i love and wrote some little notes of my thoughts when i read the lines. 

In desperate need for self-expression (what i like to call writing is), I used the back of the gift wrapper to sketch. Sketching with a pen is much harder than when you are using a pencil.
Especially when you are trying to draw a person. A particular one.

there. first piece that used only pen and coffee. I initiate few conversation because of doing something like this. random people just say hi.

Love it.






No comments:

Post a Comment