Monday 2 December 2013

midnight cup of coffee.

Bismillah

Pejam celik dah hampir tiga bulan berada di bumi Inggeris.
I couldn't sum up neither my feelings nor my thoughts, just yet. It's true what people used to tell me. Living away, independently from your parents will bring a great change in your life. Being the eldest children in my family, i would like to consider myself at least presumably well prepared to what lies ahead. knowing or perhaps, expecting most of the things i'm gonna face. but tell you what, I'm wrong. 

1) cooking.

...which perhaps is the simplest thing that you might enjoy doing. 
Back home, i would have helped along in the kitchen and maybe, prepare some other dish with full step-by step guidance from my mum. you know, those moment when you are pretty meticulous about anything like how many  garlic do you 'exactly'  put in, or how much water 'exactly' should you pour into the pot, or is it well cooked already. Those questions where you won't take vague answers like 'agak-agaklah' as satisfying.
      But now, you just have to do it all by yourself. and there's other things that you need to consider. Take for example, when I need to cook for the whole house, i must really take into account, what are my housemates' preferences. I may like spicy food-which others may not able to tolerate, some like more sugars in their food or don't like having certain veggies in a dish. all those things.

and even the way you handle it after you cook. Cleaning all the mess you've caused. i have a habit of taking turn with my brothers, where i basically cook and they'll wash and tidy up for me.So, I kinda have to train myself and be self-cautious about making sure that everything's the way it should be. and i  am now still trying to make sure that i cause no trouble to another person. *and i'm sorry if i did. but i'll work hard on this area. coz sometimes I easily become forgetful.

2) Buying groceries

this. i find quite challenging as well. In terms of  finding halal food, it was surprisingly easy. alhamdulillah.
  I salute my abah for being able to cater the seven of us. providing enough food on the table and comfortable life to begin with. when you have to actually do this yourself, you'll see how much it'll cost you each month and how it makes you try your best on cutting down the budget and plan wisely.... (no wonder on such complaints on rising food cost ) .

 I actually started comparing prices of goods in different stores now. and we actually shop from different stores at one time, like having one specific shop to get chickens and ketchup just because the price is comparatively lower there than any other stores. never mind the walks and the sweats. and oh of course, the pain you have to endure walking with the huge groceries bags. hm

3) Utility

There's never been a time where I can think of myself actually dealing with the bills and having to take note of the monthly usage of electrics or gas. Our house use the top up system, in which we have to go to the nearest  paypoint to top up if we ran out of gas or electric. and the tricky things with this is that, you'll easily loose tract of the utility status of your house especially when you are busy with school and everything.

 you may check it one day and thought it'll last till the next two days and finally forget to top up until then. what happen was, the meter goes down to -ve and your house alarm will not stop beeping. it makes such annoying sound that you get afraid that it might have alerted the neighbours and somehow cause unnecessary dramas- at least, that's what i imagined. well, it happened twice already. So, i have a specific alarm/reminder on this matter in my phone now.




these are just a few little things that makes you wonder of how much effort have your parents put in raising their children. It should make us appreciate and be thankful of  our parents' sacrifices.

The more we experience this day by day, and thought of how hard it is... the more we should be amazed of our parents who did a whole lot more than this-except with a smile on their face!


hirup coffee.











No comments:

Post a Comment